Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Peach Blueberry Oatmeal Crumble
This stunning summer fruit crumble has it all! Bursting with fresh blueberries and peaches and covered with an amazing buttery oatmeal crumble.---A big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top is necessary!
Servings 4 -6 servings
- FRUIT FILLING:
- 4 cups fresh sliced peaches
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- CRUMBLE TOPPING:
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cold butter cubed
- Vanilla ice cream for serving optional
Make the filling: Preheat oven to 350F. In a large bowl, combine all filling ingredients until combined. Spread evenly in the bottom of an 8-in square baking pan (or a 9-in round pie plate) Set aside for a moment while you prepare the topping.
Make the topping: In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon, salt, pecans, and vanilla extract. Cut in butter and toss mixture with a pastry cutter (or two forks) until topping is crumbly and in pea-sized clumps. Sprinkle topping evenly over fruit filling.
Bake fruit crumble at 350F 35-40 minutes or until topping is golden and filling is bubbly. Let cool on a wire cooling rack 15 minutes, then enjoy warm with vanilla ice cream!