Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Stovetop Broccoli Chicken Mac ‘n’ Cheese
Dinner's on the table in only 30 minutes in one pan when you make this extra-comforting broccoli and chicken-loaded mac 'n' cheese.---Destined to become a weeknight regular!
Servings 4 -6 servings
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1-1/2 lbs chicken breasts diced into 1/2-in cubes
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb rotini or spiral pasta, cooked according to package instructions
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once butter is hot, add chicken, onion, garlic, and broccoli to pan. Stir occasionally until vegetables begin to soften and chicken is no longer pink, about 7-10 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium and stir flour into cooked chicken mixture. Slowly add milk and cream, whisking constantly until mixture is smooth. Stir sauce occasionally over medium heat, until just simmering and beginning to thicken. Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted. Add parsley and season sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
Stir cooked pasta into sauce until evenly coated and return to medium heat. Stir macaroni occasionally until heated through. Remove from heat and serve hot.