Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Sweet Pepper Ginger Cashew Chicken Stir-Fry
This flavorful twist on classic cashew chicken stir-fry features tons of sweet peppers and fresh ginger in a rich sauce. Pile it all over a mound of rice for a dinner WAY better than take-out!
Servings 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-in cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 large sweet pepper, diced into 1-in cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 cup toasted cashews
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Hot rice for serving
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until shimmery. Add chicken, onion, pepper, garlic, and ginger to pan and saute stirring occasionally 8-10 minutes until chicken is no longer pink and veggies are tender. Remove from heat.
In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch mixture, and vinegar until smooth. Return chicken mixture to medium heat and pour sauce into pan. Stir several minutes until sauce is bubbly and thickened. Remove from heat and stir in toasted cashews, salt and pepper to taste, and parsley. Serve chicken stir-fry hot over hot rice and enjoy!