Skillet Raspberry Almond Peach Cobbler
Juicy peaches and raspberries are topped with a cookie-like almond topping and it's all baked in your skillet! This raspberry almond peach cobbler is seriously the best summer dessert ever.
Servings 6 servings
- 2 cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches (or thawed frozen peaches)
- 1 cup fresh raspberries (or thawed frozen raspberries)
- 3 tablespoons + 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for serving, optional
Preheat oven to 350F. Combine peaches and raspberries in a greased 9-in cast iron skillet. Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons sugar. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat butter and remaining 3/4 cup sugar with a handheld electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Beat in extracts and egg until smooth. Add flour, baking powder, and salt to liquid mixture and fold in with a rubber spatula until batter is smooth. (batter will be similar to cookie dough)
Spread batter over peach-raspberry mixture in an even layer. Sprinkle with sliced almonds. Bake peach cobbler at 350F 20-25 minutes or until peach-raspberry filling is bubbly and topping is golden-brown. Cool cobbler 10 minutes then serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream if desired. Enjoy!