Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Grilled Blackened Chicken Sandwiches with Mango Avocado Salsa
A smoky blackened spice rub coats every inch of these juicy grilled blackened chicken sandwiches and a silky mango avocado salsa is piled high on top for the ultimate summer sandwich!
Servings 4 servings
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium avocados, pitted and diced
- 1 mango peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 small jalapeno, seeds removed and finely minced
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 sandwich buns, split in half
In a small bowl, combine seasonings. Pat chicken breasts dry and rub with olive oil. Rub seasoning mixture on both sides of chicken. Grill chicken over medium-high heat 10-15 minutes, turning once until chicken registers 165F. Keep chicken warm and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine avocados, mango, jalapeno, cilantro, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
Divide blackened chicken between buns and top each with salsa. Top with bun tops and serve sandwiches immediately. Enjoy!