Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Crispy Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies
These light and crispy espresso chocolate chip cookies are heavy on the coffee flavor that works wonderful flavors with the chocolate! The perfect cookie sidekick to your coffee.
Servings 20 cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 tablespoons finely-ground espresso beans
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted (optional)
Preheat oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In a large bowl, whisk melted butter with sugars until smooth. Whisk ground espresso and half-and-half together in a small bowl then beat into sugar mixture with egg and vanilla until smooth.
Fold in flour, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt until a slightly-sticky cookie dough forms. Fold in chocolate chips and pecans if using.
Scoop dough into 1-in balls and place 2-in apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake cookies at 350F 10-12 minutes until edges are golden brown and cookies are flat and crispy. Cool on baking sheet 5 minutes then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!