Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Instant Pot Mongolian Chicken and Peppers
You'll never go back to Mongolian beef when you try this INCREDIBLY easy instant pot Mongolian chicken and peppers! Ready in 25 minutes with only a handful of ingredients.
Servings 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-in cubes
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 large sweet pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot rice for serving
Heat oil in an instant pot set on SAUTE mode. Once hot, add chicken, onions, and garlic and saute, stirring occasionally until chicken is no longer pink, about 8 minutes.
Add soy sauce, cornstarch mixture, sugar, and vinegar to instant pot and fasten lid on. Cook on high pressure 10 minutes, then let release pressure 5 minutes. Add sliced sweet pepper to instant pot then cook on high pressure an additional 5 minutes and let release pressure 5 minutes.
Stir green onions into chicken and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve Mongolian chicken over hot rice and enjoy!