Add to Collection
Go to Collections
3-Cheese Butternut Squash Sage Risotto
Ultra-creamy and packed with soft butternut squash and three cheeses, this butternut squash sage risotto is easy weeknight comfort food that comes together in only 30!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 cup diced butternut squash (1-in cubes)
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup arborio rice
- 3 cups chicken stock, warmed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, saute squash, onion, and garlic in butter until just golden. Add rice to skillet and let cook 1 minute.
Reduce heat to medium and begin adding hot chicken broth to rice, a little bit at a time, waiting until liquid is evaporated before adding more broth. Continue adding broth in small amounts 15-20 minutes until rice is tender and creamy.
Remove from heat and stir in cheeses, fresh sage, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve risotto hot and enjoy!