Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Creamy Chicken Mushroom Wild Rice Soup
Incredibly creamy and cozy chicken mushroom wild rice soup comes together in minutes and it'll become an INSTANT winter soup favorite!
Servings 6 servings
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-in cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-in cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1-1/2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a medium pot over medium-high heat, saute chicken, onion, garlic, and carrots in olive oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add mushrooms and saute an additional 2 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium and stir in flour until smooth. Slowly stir in chicken broth until smooth. Add half-and-half, cooked wild rice, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste.
Bring soup to a simmer then reduce heat to low and let simmer 15-20 minutes, covered until slightly thickened and vegetables are tender. Serve soup hot and enjoy!