Chocolate-Dipped Coconut Shortbread Bars
Soft, buttery coconut shortbread bars are dipped in melted chocolate and rolled in coconut flakes for the ultimate holiday cookie bar!
Servings 12 bars
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate, melted
- Additional flaked coconut for garnishing
Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9-in square baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
In a medium bowl, beat softened butter and sugar together until completely creamy. Add extracts, coconut, salt, and flour, stirring until a soft dough forms.
Press dough evenly into the bottom of prepared pan. Bake bars at 350F 20-25 minutes or until a light golden brown. Cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
Cut bars into 2-in rectangles and dip half of each bar in melted chocolate, placing on parchment paper. Garnish each with flaked coconut and allow to set for 30 minutes. Enjoy!