Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Instant Pot Taco Shredded Chicken
Homemade taco seasoning and a quick cook in the instant pot are the secrets behind this INCREDIBLY tender and flavorful taco shredded chicken! Perfect for topping tacos and salads!
Servings 6 servings
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Warmed tortillas and taco fillings for serving
Place chicken breasts in the bottom of an instant pot. In a small bowl, combine spices and rub evenly all over chicken breasts. Pour chicken broth on top and seal lid.
Cook chicken on high pressure 15 minutes then let release steam naturally for 5 minutes. Remove chicken from instant pot and place on a cutting board. Use two forks to shred chicken and then toss back into instant pot coating in remaining juices.
Serve chicken immediately and serve with tortillas and taco toppings, store in refrigerator up to 5 days, or freeze up to 2 months.