Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Greek Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
This Greek-style lemon chicken orzo soup is the kinda cozy food you're gonna want on standby all winter! Incredibly soothing and bursting with fresh lemon flavor.
Servings 6 servings
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-in cubes
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1-in cubes
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1-in cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups dry orzo pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crumbled feta for serving
In a medium dutch oven or soup pot over medium-high heat, saute chicken, carrots, celery, onion, and garlic until veggies are tender and chicken is no longer pink.
Reduce heat to medium and add chicken broth. Bring to a low simmer, stirring occasionally, then add cooked orzo, baby spinach, lemon juice, zest, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste.
Bring soup to a low simmer until heated through. Ladle soup into bowls and top with crumbled feta. Enjoy!