Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Mongolian Beef Meatball Veggie Stir-Fry
You'll never find takeout as good as this Mongolian beef meatball veggie stir-fry! The meatballs are so tender and juicy and covered in a savory homemade Mongolian sauce!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsely
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium sweet pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed with 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot noodles or rice for serving
In a large bowl, mix ground beef, breadcrumbs, eggs, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper together until combined. Scoop into 1-in balls.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until shimmery. Add meatballs to skillet and brown them, turning occasionally until meatballs register 165F. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
In same skillet over medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon oil. Add broccoli, sweet pepper, and onion to skillet and saute vegetables, stirring occasionally until veggies are crisp-tender. Add garlic and ginger and saute an additional 2 minutes
Reduce heat to medium-low and add soy sauce, vinegar, cornstarch mixture, and sugar. Stir occasionally until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Add meatballs back to pan and cook until stir-fry is heated through.
Add green onions to stir-fry and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve meatball stir-fry hot over noodles or rice and enjoy!