Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Orange Basil Sugar Snap Pea Chicken Stir-Fry
Tangy orange and flavorful basil are a game-changing combo in this sweet, saucy sugar snap pea chicken stir-fry! Add this winner to your stir-fry rotation.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-in cubes
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- 1 large orange, peeled and cut into 1in sections
- 4-6 torn fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot rice for serving
In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, saute chicken and onion in oil until chicken is nearly cooked (still slightly pink) Add sugar snap peas and cook an additional few minutes until tender. Add ginger and garlic and saute 1 additional minute. Reduce heat to low.
In a small bowl, whisk orange juice, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, and cornstarch water mixture until smooth. Add to chicken mixture and increase heat to medium. Cook stirring occasionally until sauce is bubbly and thickened.
Add orange segments and basil leaves to stir-fry and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot over rice and enjoy!