Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Grilled BBQ Chicken Caprese Salad
Juicy grilled barbecue chicken, a creamy barbecue dressing, and all the caprese fixins' make for one KILLER grilled BBQ chicken caprese salad you'll want on standby all summer!
Servings 6 servings
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup homemade or storebought barbecue sauce
- 3 ears corn, husks and silk removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves
Creamy BBQ Dressing
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
Pat chicken dry with paper towels and spread both sides of each thigh with a little bit of sauce (reserve 1/4 cup of sauce for grilling)
Grill chicken on a medium-high grill, turning once and brushing with additional sauce while cooking until chicken registers 160F. Transfer to a cutting board to cool. Once cooled, cut into cubes
Brush corn with olive oil and grill over medium-high heat until corn is slightly charred. Cool then cut corn kernels off the cob.
In a large serving bowl, combine lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, basil, BBQ chicken, and corn. Set aside while you prepare the dressing.