Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Charred Sweet Corn Zucchini Coconut Curry
Charred sweet corn and tender zucchini cubes in an INSANELY flavorful coconut curry sauce piled over fluffy rice make this zucchini coconut curry one for the summer books!
- 6 ears sweet corn, husks and silk removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 medium zucchini, diced into 2-in pieces
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can (15 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz) coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot rice for serving
Brush corn with olive oil and grill over medium-high heat, turning occasionally until corn is slightly charred. Let cool several minutes then remove corn from cobs and set aside.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until shimmery. Add zucchini and onion and saute several minutes until just barely softened. Add garlic, curry powder, turmeric, and cayenne and saute 1 additional minute.
Reduce heat to medium and stir in tomato paste until smooth. Slowly add crushed tomatoes and coconut milk, stirring until combined. Add corn. Bring curry to a low simmer over medium heat then reduce heat to low and let simmer 15 minutes.
Add cilantro to curry and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve curry hot over rice and enjoy!