Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Instant Pot Shiitake Mushroom Beef Stroganoff
Made ENTIRELY in the instant pot in less than 30 minutes and a dead ringer for the real thing, this shiitake mushroom beef stroganoff is the easy comfort food you NEED!
Servings 6 servings
- 1 lb top round steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons white whole wheat flour
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1 (12 oz) package wide egg noodles
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced thyme
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
Set a 6-qt instant pot to SAUTE mode. Once heated, saute beef and onion in butter until lightly browned. Add garlic and mushrooms and saute 2-3 minutes until mushrooms are slightly softened.
Add beef broth, egg noodles, thyme, and Worcestershire to instant pot and stir until combined. Lock lid on top and set instant pot to cook high pressure for 7 minutes, letting release steam for 5 minutes afterwards.
Remove lid from instant pot and stir in sour cream, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste until sour cream is melted and creamy. Serve beef stroganoff hot and enjoy!