Add to Collection
Go to Collections
One-Pot Beef Sweet Potato Chickpea Curry
Tender sweet potatoes and melt-in-your-mouth beef paired with tons of cozy curry spices make this one-pot beef sweet potato chickpea curry one for the dinner record books!
Servings 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 lbs top round steak, cut into 1-in cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into 1-in cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (15 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot rice for serving
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until shimmery. Add beef and onion and saute several minutes until beef is lightly browned. Add sweet potatoes and garlic and saute 1 minute until fragrant.
Reduce heat to medium and add spices and tomato paste, stirring until combined. Add crushed tomatoes, coconut milk, and chickpeas and bring curry to a low simmer, then reduce heat and let simmer at low for 30-35 minutes or until beef and sweet potatoes are tender.
Stir fresh cilantro and salt and pepper to taste into curry and serve hot over rice. Enjoy!
Serving: 8oz curry and 1/2 cup cooked rice | Calories: 549kcal | Carbohydrates: 70.1g | Protein: 35.4g | Fat: 14.7g | Saturated Fat: 6.3g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 156mg | Potassium: 1150mg | Fiber: 14.2g | Sugar: 10.9g | Calcium: 114mg | Iron: 8mg