Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Cranberry Apple Delicata Squash Quinoa Salad
Loaded with soft delicata squash, tangy cranberries and crunchy apples, this delicata squash quinoa salad is the perfect winter side salad for any gathering and doubles as fantastic lunch leftovers!
Servings 8 servings
- 1 small delicata squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-in cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 medium apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a small bowl, toss squash cubes with oil, cinnamon, cloves, salt, and pepper. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake at 400F 15-20 minutes until tender. Set aside to cool.
In a serving bowl, toss quinoa with apples, cranberries, pecans, Parmesan cheese, and squash. Set aside for a moment.
In a small bowl, whisk orange juice with Dijon and honey. Slowly drizzle in olive oil, whisking constantly until dressing is thick and smooth. Whisk in parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.
When ready to serve, toss salad with orange vinaigrette and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Serving: 8oz | Calories: 372kcal | Carbohydrates: 28.8g | Protein: 9.8g | Fat: 25.1g | Saturated Fat: 4.7g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 228mg | Potassium: 293mg | Fiber: 5.3g | Sugar: 11.1g | Calcium: 160mg | Iron: 2mg