Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Lighter Instant Pot Thai Basil Chicken
Lighter on the calories and made completely in the instant pot, this thai basil chicken is loaded with fresh basil flavor, soft sweet peppers, and tender chicken cubes.
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-in cubes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored and diced
- 3/4 cup fresh roughly torn basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot cooked jasmine rice for serving
Heat sesame oil in an instant pot set to SAUTE function. Once shimmery, add chicken and onions. Saute several minutes until browned and onion is translucent. Add ginger and garlic and saute 1 additional minute. Turn off SAUTE function.
Add chicken broth, soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, rice vinegar, and brown sugar to instant pot and stir until combined. Seal lid on instant pot and cook on high pressure 8 minutes.
Manually release pressure from instant pot, remove lid, and add red pepper, basil, and cornstarch mixture. Seal lid back on instant pot and let sit 5 minutes until peppers are slightly softened, basil is wilted, and sauce is slightly thickened.
Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste and serve warm over jasmine rice. Enjoy!
Serving: 6oz stir-fry (calculated with 4 oz rice) | Calories: 378kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 12.2g | Saturated Fat: 2.9g | Cholesterol: 101mg | Sodium: 763mg | Potassium: 419mg | Fiber: 1.1g | Sugar: 4.6g | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 3mg