Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Hawaiian Chicken Teriyaki Stir-Fry
Packed with sweet tropical teriyaki flavors and made in less than an hour, this Hawaiian chicken teriyaki stir-fry will quickly become a permanent dinner item!
Servings 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-in cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and julienned
- 2 large sweet peppers, cored and diced into 1-in cubes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 1 (15 oz) can pineapple tidbits, drained and juice reserved
- Hot rice for serving
In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat oil until shimmery. Add chicken, onion, and carrots and saute 5 minutes until lightly browned. Add peppers and saute 5 additional minutes until peppers are slightly softened.
Reduce heat to medium and add ginger and garlic. Saute 1 minute until fragrant. Add pineapple juice, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, and cornstarch mixture and frequently stir until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Add pineapple tidbits.
Serve stir-fry over hot rice and enjoy!
Serving: 8oz stir-fry (calculated with 4 oz rice) | Calories: 412kcal | Carbohydrates: 51.6g | Protein: 26.5g | Fat: 10.7g | Saturated Fat: 2.5g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 884mg | Potassium: 555mg | Fiber: 3.2g | Sugar: 16.1g | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 3mg