Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Black Forest Cherry Brownies
Servings 9 servings
- 2 cups fresh (or frozen) black cherries, pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and chocolate shavings for garnish, optional
Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 9-in square baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and chocolate until smooth. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, and vanilla together until smooth. Whisk in melted chocolate mixture until smooth. Slowly fold in flour, cocoa, and salt until batter is just combined.
Scrape half of batter into prepared pan. Top with 1/2 of cherry sauce and use a knife to swirl into batter. Evenly spread remaining brownie batter over top. Bake brownies at 350F 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs sticking to it. Cool brownies completely in pan on a wire cooling rack.
In a medium saucepan, whisk milk, honey, sugar, and cocoa powder until steaming. Remove from heat and whisk in chopped chocolate until completely melted and glossy. Whisk in cream, salt, and vanilla. Refrigerate until chilled.
Cut brownies into 9 even squares. Top each square with fudge sauce, reserved cherry sauce, whipped cream, and chocolate shavings if desired. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Serving: 1brownie | Calories: 364kcal | Carbohydrates: 51.9g | Protein: 4.7g | Fat: 16.7g | Saturated Fat: 10.2g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 239mg | Potassium: 182mg | Fiber: 1.6g | Sugar: 43.5g | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 1mg