Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Turkey Orzo Kale White Bean Soup
Brimming with fresh kale, orzo, and turkey in a rich white bean broth, this hearty kale white bean soup will instantly warm you up!
Servings 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices (about 1 cup carrots)
- 2 medium ribs celery, diced into 1/2-in cubes (about 1 cup celery)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 oz each) cannellini beans, drained
- 2 cups 1-in cubed cooked turkey
- 6 oz dry orzo, cooked according to package instructions
- 4 cups firmly packed fresh kale, finely chopped into bite-sized leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large soup pot or dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmery. Add onion, carrot, and celery. Saute 3-5 minutes until vegetables begin to soften. Add garlic and saute 1 additional minute until fragrant.
Pour chicken broth and beans into pot and stir to combine. Ladle half of soup into a high-speed blender and blend on high speed until completely smooth. Return back to remaining soup and bring soup to a simmer over medium-high heat.
Once soup is simmering, add turkey, orzo, kale, lemon juice, rosemary, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Let cook 5-10 minutes until kale is wilted. Serve soup hot and enjoy!
Serving: 8oz | Calories: 375kcal | Carbohydrates: 53.8g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 7.3g | Saturated Fat: 1.3g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 1450mg | Potassium: 941mg | Fiber: 9.9g | Sugar: 3.7g | Calcium: 192mg | Iron: 6mg