Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Green Goddess Chicken Salad
A creamy, herby homemade green goddess dressing gets tossed with shredded chicken and plenty of fresh cherry tomatoes and avocado in this green goddess chicken salad! - pile this flavorful chicken salad over greens or on sandwich buns.
Servings 4 servings
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup diced avocado (about 1/2 avocado)
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons jarred basil pesto
- 1 tablespoon capers (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups cubed or shredded cooked chicken
- Additional diced avocado and cherry tomatoes for serving, optional
- Mixed greens or sandwich buns for serving
Place yogurt, mayonnaise, avocado, parsley, cilantro, pesto, capers, garlic, and lemon juice in a high-speed blender. Blend on high speed, scraping down sides as necessary until dressing is smooth.
Season dressing with salt and pepper to taste and store in fridge until ready to use (up to 1 week)
When ready to serve, place chicken in a large bowl and toss with dressing until evenly combined. Fold in avocado and cherry tomatoes if using. Season salad with additional salt and pepper if needed and serve immediately over greens or on sandwich buns. Enjoy!
Serving: 6oz chicken salad | Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.1g | Protein: 34.5g | Fat: 9.2g | Saturated Fat: 2.1g | Cholesterol: 91mg | Sodium: 177mg | Potassium: 356mg | Fiber: 0.8g | Sugar: 27g | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 2mg