Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Grilled Jerk Chicken Kabobs
Grilled jerk chicken kabobs feature a spicy homemade jerk marinade coating juicy chicken thighs, sweet pineapple, and fresh vegetables.
Jerk Chicken Marinade
- 4 small scotch bonnet or habanero peppers, seeded and roughly chopped
- 3 medium cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons five-spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 cups fresh pineapple, cut into 1-in chunks
- 36 mini sweet peppers (or 2 large bell peppers cut into 1-in chunks)
- 2 medium zucchinis, trimmed and cut into 1-in slices
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 1-in chunks
- Hot rice and beans for serving, optional
Jerk Chicken Marinade
In a blender or food processor, combine peppers, garlic, ginger, green onion, parsley, lime juice, soy sauce, agave, and spices. With blender or food processor running, drizzle oil through top. Pulse several times until marinade is smooth, scraping down sides as necessary. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Reserve 1/4 cup marinade in a small bowl or container and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade in a large bowl or container and nestle chicken into marinade until evenly coated. Cover bowl, refrigerate, and allow chicken to marinade at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
If using wooden skewers, soak in cold water 10 minutes. Once chicken is done marinating, remove from marinade and thread onto skewers with pineapple, sweet peppers, zucchini, and onion.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat and grill kabobs 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally until chicken is cooked through to 165F and vegetables are slightly charred and tender.
Just before serving, drizzle warm kabobs with reserved jerk marinade and serve with hot rice and beans if desired. Enjoy!
Serving: 1kabob | Calories: 277kcal | Carbohydrates: 20.9g | Protein: 24.7g | Fat: 11.9g | Saturated Fat: 2.4g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 340mg | Potassium: 437mg | Fiber: 3.2g | Sugar: 13g | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 3mg