Blackened Salmon Salad with Chipotle Ranch
Flavorful blackened salmon and a spicy chipotle ranch dressing dress up this loaded blackened salmon salad into one impressive lunch or dinner that can be prepped ahead of time!
Prep Time 30 minutes minutes Cook Time 10 minutes minutes Total Time 40 minutes minutes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb skinless salmon fillets (about 3-4 pieces)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 6 cups spring green mix
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and diced into 1/2-in cubes
- 1 medium tomato, diced into 1/4-in cubes
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) corn, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon 2% or skim milk
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle in adobo sauce (plus 1 tablespoon sauce)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a small bowl, combine all spices. Rub spice mixture evenly all over salmon fillets.
In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, heat vegetable oil until shimmery. Add salmon to pan and sear 3-4 minutes on each side, flipping once until salmon is cooked through.
Remove salmon from pan and set aside to cool while you prepare the salad and dressing.
Combine all ranch ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until completely smooth. Season dressing with salt and pepper to taste.
Drizzle dressing over assembled salads and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Salad may be prepped ahead (store salad, salmon, and dressing separately) and stored in refrigerator up to 5 days.
Serving: 1salad | Calories: 530kcal | Carbohydrates: 32.1g | Protein: 31.2g | Fat: 34.1g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 63mg | Sodium: 557mg | Potassium: 1067mg | Fiber: 10.8g | Sugar: 4.8g | Calcium: 157mg | Iron: 6mg