how to make
SPANISH CHICKEN AND RICE
1. In a small bowl, combine cumin, paprika, chili powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
2. Rub half of spice mix evenly over chicken legs or thighs.
3. Sear chicken in olive oil over medium-high heat, turning occasionally until golden brown.
4. Remove chicken from pan and saute diced onion in drippings until translucent.
5. Reduce heat to medium and add garlic, tomato paste, dry white rice, and remaining spice mix. Saute 2-3 minutes.
6. Pour chicken broth into pan and bring to a simmer.
7. Reduce heat to medium-low and nestle chicken legs back into pan.
8. Cover pan and let simmer 20-25 minutes until rice is tender and chicken registers 165F.
Made in 40 minutes in one pot, this 'kickin Spanish chicken and rice will quickly become a favorite weeknight dinner!