Jam-packed with peanut butter, banana, gooey chocolate and lots of other goodies, these loaded, ultra-chewy oatmeal cookies are sure to become a cookie jar staple!
Don’t laugh at my title. I’m trying to fit about 23934 different things into ONE itty-bitty sentence and not having much luck…..so let’s make things a little more interesting around here today and throw monkeys into the mix.
Chunky monkeys. Because bigger is BETTER.
Always true in the cookie department. Ahem.
I mean, I totally coulda just named these little guys oatmeal-cookies-with-ALL-of-the-above-jammed-inside, but….well, I love monkeys okay? They’re super-cute, playful and FUZZY! So once that title popped into my head, I couldn’t push it out, so here we are. We’re gonna eat chunky monkeys in our cookies today.
Okaaaaay, I’ll admit it kinda sounds gross when I say it like that…
But these cookies are the opposite of gross! I don’t like gross things and I certainly would never post gross things on my blog.
Aaand I can’t believe how many times I just said the word “gross” above. I think chunky monkeys must be taking over my mind.
Can we just kinda move past all that weirdness above? Kthanks.
Friday is THE day for cookies loaded with all of the above, no? My thoughts exactly. The weekend is on the horizon and cookies definitely should be too.
Sidenote: Cookies should ALWAYS be on the horizon, but especially with a weekend coming up. It’s un-American for any cookie jar to be empty on a Friday.
Aaand I seriously just looked over at my cookie jar to prove this point, only to discover I have only one lonely cookie left.
I ate his friends earlier this morning….whoops.
We’ve got the peanut butter, bananas, oatmeal, chocolate, nuts, AND coconut. BAM.
*pant, pant, pant* just catching my breath here…carry on.
Yes, only a monkey would be crazy enough not to adore every single part about these cookies.
And a monkey would DEFINITELY get chunky if one were to ever eat these cookies. Because don’t let it fool ‘ya—these cookies may look innocent, but they are addicting.
And I wouldn’t love them any other way.♥
I seriously love these cookies possibly even more than Rachel does, and trust me, guys: That’s kinda a sad state of affairs since that kiddo is absolutely bonkers for these cookies. She ate 5 in one day. No joke.
THIS kid right here is even more bonkers in the chunky monkey cookies department. And that’s not sad at all. 🙂
Also, I’m not gonna tell you how many I ate in one day. It’s bad and quite frankly, embarrassing…..
All the things are wrapped up into these cookies, guys. ALL THE THINGS.
All the things that make you go SWOON, I NEED ANOTHER ONE!
And another….and before you know it. BOOM. Batch numero uno is gone and you’re back in the kitchen working on batch numero dos.
And you’re sending the hubby out to the store to get more milk, because you drank it all with these cookies.
Well, okay. You had a LITTLE milk with those 5 handfuls of chunky monkey cookies.
Hey, I’m just being realistic here….
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. In a separate large bowl, whisk mashed banana, sugar, egg, peanut butter, yogurt, and vanilla until smooth. Stir dry ingredients into liquid until a dough forms. Stir in walnuts, coconut, and chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into 1-in balls and place 1-in apart on prepared baking sheets. Slightly flatten cookies. Bake cookies at 350F 9-10 minutes or until edges start to turn golden (middles will still appear very soft---this ok)
- Cool cookies on baking sheet 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy warm with glass of milk!
TGIF, friends! Hope your weekend is cookie-filled. Pssssssst. I won’t tell if you eat these for breakfast. ♥