This quick white chili is the ultimate fall comfort-food! Loaded with lots of tender chicken, beans, and corn in a rich flavorful broth.—Top individual servings with sliced avocado and shredded cheese if desired.
Hi guys. Welcome to Comfort Food 101.
Otherwise known as creamy white chicken chili.
Care for a bowl?
It’s freezing cold here, so I’ll take two, please.
It seems like I am all about anything warm and cozy these days…
Seriously guys, if anyone wants to offer me a free vacay to anyplace above 50 degrees, I will be more than happy to accept it.
I’ll pay you in white chili.
The best kind of payment, for sure.
So today we’re going a little out-of-the-box for today’s recipe for Chili Week. No tomatoes, guys! We’re ‘doin it the white way today. 😉
White chili is such a fun and different alternative to your usual tomato-based chili. Even though, I’m a classic chili-kinda gal, I won’t complain if you shake up my chili a little bit and make it white instead of red.
Food bloggers are always open to new food ideas, ya know. 😉
My family is more accustomed to the traditional kinda-chili too, but even they were scraping their soup bowls and begging for seconds of this white chili.
Any other 30-minute dinner-lover people out there? Good. Now you’ve got all your bases covered for a no-stress, chilly fall dinner.
Warm and filling? Check.
Comfort food x1000? Triple-check.
All you need now is some warm cornbread and/or homemade breadsticks and you’ve got dinner in the bag.
Or the soup pot, if you will. 😀
This chili is everything you love about your usual tomato chili, only instead of a tomato-based sauce we’re going more towards the rich and creamy kind of chili base.
And guys. It works SO. DANG. GOOD. We’ve got a super-creamy (but not overly rich) chicken broth/half-and-half broth with tons of cannelloni beans floating around and making friends with tender chicken chunks, yellow corn, and all kinds of white chili yummy-ness.
And obv, we CANNOT forget about the topping. Any kind of chili requires some kind of topping, so grab some sliced avocado and/or shredded cheese. Really whateva’ ya fancy is cool with me. 🙂
Anyone who knows me knows that I am ALL about the toppings, frostings, icing, sprinkles, ect. Sooo ‘ya know I kinda end up going a little cray topping my chili with all things tasty.
This white chili has COMFORT written aaaaall over it. And even if it’s not 40 degrees where you are, you kinda need it in yo’ life.
Tomato chili had better watch it’s back with fancy ‘schmancy white chili being so dang tasty. 😀
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green peppers, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (or regular)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1-1/2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 2 cans (15 oz) cannelloni beans, drained, rinsed and divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded cheddar cheese and avocado for topping (optional)
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, saute onion, garlic, and pepper in oil until tender. Reduce heat to medium and stir in seasonings, chicken broth, half-and-half, sour cream, corn, chicken, and 1 can beans.
- Place remaining can of beans in food processor and pulse several times until smooth. Stir bean-puree into chili and season with salt and pepper. Bring chili to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally until chili is heated through.
- Serve chili warm with cheese and avocado if desired.
This post has been written ahead and scheduled to publish today. My family and I left late last night and are traveling all day today to Arkansas for church conferences. I’ll catch up with you guys tomorrow with yet ANOTHER chili recipe. 😉 Ciao!