Put your turkey leftovers to the BEST use in this poblano turkey white chili that’s made entirely in the instant pot, super creamy, extra hearty, and kicked up with spicy poblano!
Not that I’m pushing Thanksgiving leftovers before the actual turkey is put in the oven buuuuuut….
…..Instant.Pot.Poblano.Turkey.White.Chili. Let’s hurry this whole turkey leftover deal along, shall we?
Chili is mine and literally everyone else who lives in Wisconsin’s love language about 8 months out of the year and for good reason. It’s the cozy food to end ALL foods.
Somewhere around month 5 I get sick of regular red chili sooooo….white chili enters the cozy food game.
I don’t know about your Thanksgiving leftovers sitch, but my family bakes an extra turkey (out of the 4, mind you) for the sole purpose of having a crap ton of leftovers. So things like this poblano turkey white chili can come to life.
Also, I KNOW you don’t feel like cooking a fancy meal right after the most labor-intensive meal of the year, so we’re instant pottin’ it today.
The two major steps here are a) saute onion/poblano. b) throw EVERYTHING else in the pot and let ‘er go on high pressure a few minutes.
I lied, three steps. Topping off heaping bowls of this white chili gold with all the topping insanity you desire.
And for me, my bowl is gonna look like that. ^^ Loaded down with avocado, oyster crackers, sour cream, green onions, and a few sprinkles of fresh cilantro.
Trust me on this: that bowl down there is literally the BEST THING you could do with all those turkey leftovers. Swear on my chili lovin’ soul.
Instant Pot Poblano Turkey White Chili
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 medium poblano peppers, diced into 1-in pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 cups cooked turkey, cut into 1-in cubes
- 1 can (15 oz) northern beans, drained
- 1 can (15 oz) sweet corn, drained
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup half and half cream
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sliced avocado, green onions, and crushed chips for topping, optional
- Heat instant pot using SAUTE function. Pour oil in bottom of pot and add onion and poblano. Cook until nearly translucent, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and spices and cook 1 minute until fragrant.
- Turn off SAUTE function and add turkey, beans, corn, broth, and half and half. Lock lid in place and cook chili on high pressure 10 minutes, letting release pressure naturally for 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and stir sour cream into chili. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve chili hot with recommended toppings if desired. Enjoy!