Banana cream pie in dessert nachos form! Perfect for a party or for any old time, these easy nachos are going to impress everyone you serve them to.
Because seriously, when you combine pie and nachos, could you EVER go wrong?
In other news…it’s party time y’all! Super-neat stuff going down today because a bunch of bloggers, including myself are throwing a virtual baby shower! For not one, not two, but THREE special ladies! Isadora from She Likes Food, Jessica from Flying on Jess Fuel, and Natalie from Tastes Lovely!
Izzy and Jessica are expecting their little ones very soon, and Natalie only very recently her sweet little boy, so we thought: what better than to have a big ‘ol baby shower for everyone?
For my contribution to the baby shower, I decided dessert nachos were just gonna be a must. Um, hello, cutest finger food EVER! (psssst…see the end of this post for a list of all the other bloggers goodies!)
So guys, tell me whatcha think: Sweet-style dessert nachos. Nay or nay? I mean, there’s obviously no cheese in sight here, BUT there’s homemade cinnamon-sugary tortilla chips. Piled high with vanilla pudding and banana slices. And drizzled with chocolate a’plenty.
So there’s that. No cheese needed THIS time. And you also will probably never hear those words uttered out of my mouth again.
And oh my lanta, friends. These dessert nachos may convince you to NEVER cross back to the cheesy side of nachos ever again.
Not only are they totally adorbs and winning at the whole appetizer game, but literally EVERYTHING from the pudding to the tortilla chips can be made ahead of time and then simply just assembled right before chow time.
Let’s be honest: chow time is gonna blow your mind today.
Mine has long since been blown by nachos and there’s no getting it back. So let’s eat.
- CINNAMON SUGAR TORTILLA CHIPS:
- 3 flour tortillas, each cut into 8 wedges
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium bananas, peeled and sliced
- Melted chocolate for drizzling
- Make the tortillas: Preheat oven to 400F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Arrange tortilla wedges in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Brush wedges with butter, combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over tortillas. Bake tortillas at 400F 9-10 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Make the pudding: In a medium saucepan, heat 3/4 cup milk and sugar over medium heat until hot. In a small bowl, whisk remaining 1/4 cup milk, egg yolk, and cornstarch until smooth. Whisking constantly, add 1 tablespoon hot milk mixture to egg yolk until smooth. Repeat a total of 4 times, then add all back to saucepan. Stirring occasionally, bring pudding to a simmer and cook until smooth and thickened. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and salt. Cool pudding at room temperature, then press plastic wrap directly on surface and refrigerate until cold, about 1 hour.
- Assemble the nachos: Just before serving, top tortilla chips with chilled pudding. Arrange 1-2 slices of banana on top of each nacho and drizzle nachos with melted chocolate. Enjoy immediately!
Check out all the other fun baby shower treats from all the other bloggers involved in today’s shower! Congrats again Isadora, Jessica, and Natalie!!
Caprese Cups – Pumpkin ‘N Spice
Almost No Bake Pineapple Squares – The Recipe Rebel
Key Lime Cheesecake Bars with Coconut Macadamia Crust – Flavor the Moments
Lemon Macarons – Life Made Sweeter
Lemon Lime Bars – Bake. Eat. Repeat.
Chocolate and Salted Caramel Swirled Meringues – Floating Kitchen
Prosciutto-Wrapped Avocado Crostini with Balsamic Glaze – My Sequined Life
Mediterranean Stuffed Mini Peppers – Kristine’s Kitchen
Mini Chocolate Bundt Cakes – My Kitchen Craze
Pepper Jack and Bacon Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes – A Latte Food
No Bake Baileys Smores Mousse Cups – With Salt and Wit
Strawberry Shortcake Bread – Maebells
Banana Cream Pie Dessert Nachos – Whole and Heavenly Oven
Lemon Cream Pie Bites – Bakerita
Balsamic Strawberry Wonton Bites – Sweet Peas & Saffron