Bananas and chai spice are a match made in heaven in these SUPER-easy overnight oats.—The tastiest and the easiest way to start the day!
YOU GUYS! My boring, hum-drum morning oatmeal just got a huge-ish and desperately-needed kick in the pants.
In the direction of chai. And banana. And once again, the word overnight because I’m clearly the laziest breakfast maker you’ll ever meet in your life.
I’m also quite obviously the most untrendy blogger in the whole wide world, because it was embarrassingly only a week ago when I decided to finally get smart and try overnight oats for the first time in forever. I kid you not.
Guys, why? I’m 19 years old and yet I’m like a 90-year old that’s stubborn as heck and stuck in the trends of 50 years ago.
I’ve got 99 problems but as of now, my morning oatmeal won’t be one of them.
So PLEASE somebody make my day and tell me I’m not the last person living on earth to try overnight oats. Guys, I am plainly and simply OBSESSED. This oatmeal = the easiest + tastiest + did-I-mention-EASIEST breakfast in the world.
Let’s talk about the flavor direction I went down today. It involves banana and chai spice, which as you probably guessed is one of my favorite combos of all time. There’s banana slices + agave drizzled on top of the whole jar of breakfast heaven. There MIGHT even be some mini chocolate chips hiding in there, if we’re being 100% honest here.
As long as we’re being 100% honest, I should probably let you know that this oatmeal is just the bomb.com. A jar full of real-life oatmeal gold. Again, I am obsessed over here, but that doesn’t bias my opinion at all.
Also, my brain is currently exploding with new overnight oats ideas. You should probably stay tuned and wait for all the recipes to hit the blog without warning. Apologies in advance.
Now can we just breakfast already? I was kinda eating this oatmeal for the third time whilst writing this post, but second breakfasts are appropriate on a Tuesday, yes?
Yes. Go forth and oatmeal!
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 teaspoons chai spice (recipe here)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 small banana, sliced
- Additional mini chocolate chips for garnishing
- Maple syrup, honey, or agave for topping
- In a large mason jar, combine oats,milk, yogurt, chai spice, coconut, chocolate chips, and chia seeds. Screw lid on and shake until smooth. Top with bananas, screw lid on and refrigerate oats overnight or at least 8 hours.
- The next morning, remove oats from refrigerator and top with additional mini chocolate chips and sweetener of your choice. Enjoy!
Try my other super-quick breakfast oatmeal recipes next time, friends!