Juicy herb-roasted cherry tomatoes and tons of other caprese goodness star in this secretly-healthy cauliflower rice caprese salad.—This easy summer salad is SO good with grilled chicken or fish!
Ermmm…so I might have a mild obsession with caprese salad anything and ALL the things currently, guys.
Pardon the influx of salad recipes popping up day after day on the blog too. A girl can have multiple summer obsessions.
Also while we’re on the subject. See new obsession —> —> sweet bursting cherry tomatoes. Holy baloney….
On a bed of fluffy cauliflower rice. With an abundance of fresh mozzarella and basil. Ohhh yes I did, y’all…
Salad season has been in full swing for awhile now in case you’re late to the game. I’m only following the rules. 😉😉
So let’s talk. About salad days, what else?
This caprese salad is pretty much the PERFECT balance of healthy and indulgent. The cauli rice obviously keeps the calorie count SUPER-low which is a plus, but c’mon. Cheese is a must in any and all salads. Don’t even get me started on those cherry tomatoes.
Okay, I’ll spill. I totally ate them straight off the baking sheet as though they were candy. We couldn’t be separated and now the two of us are the best of friends.
Guess what else?? There’s no need to even make a dressing for this salad because the tomatoes are so flavorful. As the tomatoes roast and burst their sweet deliciousness all over the place little remnants of olive oil, herbs, and tomato juices will collect at the bottom of the pan. Don’t even THINK about throwing this liquid gold out.
Dump it straight into the cauli rice with a little balsamic vinegar to give the flavors an unmistakeable TWANG.
And then came cheese. The whole kit and kaboodle of fresh mozz because only tons will do. ♥
A handful of fresh basil…and I think we’re ready to go live in caprese salad land for the rest of the foreseeable summer.
If you need me…you know where I’ll be. 😎😎
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups fresh cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Additional fresh basil for topping
- Place cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulse until cauliflower is the consistency of rice. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add cauliflower to pan and saute 4-5 minutes until cauliflower is just softened. Transfer to a large bowl and chill.
- In a small bowl, combine cherry tomatoes, remaining olive oil, basil, oregano, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Spread on a baking sheet and roast tomatoes at 400F 15-20 minutes until tomatoes are soft and bursting.
- Add tomatoes, any tomato juices at the bottom of roasting pan, mozzarella, and balsamic to cauliflower rice. Season salad with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with additional basil. Chill salad until ready to serve. Enjoy!
This ain’t my first rodeo with cauli rice! Try it in FRIED RICE form next!!