This post is sponsored by Barber Foods, however all thoughts and opinions expressed in this post are mine alone. Thanks for supporting the brands that make my blog possible! #BarberNight
This fall-style apple salad is packed with tons of seasonal fall goodness and a tangy-sweet apple cider dressing drizzled on top brings all the amazing flavors together!
Currently crushing HARD on all the fall things, guys. Including this salad.
There just ain’t nothing like those fall salads. I mean, summer salads are obviously amazing and all that, but a good fall salad is hard to beat. Case-in-point. >>> apples, nuts, bacon, blue cheese, apple cider vinaigrettes, and countless other fall items of bliss.
It’s honestly hard to stop eating too if we wanna be real here.
And you probably didn’t see that coming at ALL! It’s not as if I like salads or something…
Okay, can we get real here for a sec? We’ve gotta talk about easy dinners for a brief moment. You want in on this easy dinner business? You obviously do, so let me tell you about my current chicken dinner CRUSH.
It starts with a Barber Foods stuffed chicken breast all ready to go in the oven WHENEVER you get that chicken craving.
It ends a mere 30 minutes later when you pull that chicken outta the oven, wipe the sweat off your forehead from all the dinner slaving you just went through, and then shortly following, do a rather obnoxious dive into your zero-work stuffed chicken/fall salad dinner.
Seriously you guys, this chicken is SO dang good you’re gonna fall into an easy dinner coma. Pair my totally gorg fall-style apple salad next to it and you win the weeknight dinner prize fo’ sure.
Speaking of this salad…don’t forget that it’s an absolute must that you make it too. It’s honestly SO easy to throw together and those fall feels…>>> they just don’t lie.
Also. Please don’t skimp on the apple cider vinaigrette dressing and/or the blue cheese either.
If anything, go heavy. 😏😏😏
Heavy-loaded salads = happy salads. <<< my story and I’m sticking to it.
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 large apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 thick slices challah bread, torn into 1/2-in pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large serving bowl, combine lettuce, apples, almonds, cooked bacon, and blue cheese. Set aside for a moment.
- Make the challah croutons: heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Saute challah bread in oil, stirring occasionally until croutons are golden and crispy. Season with salt and pepper to taste, cool croutons and add to salad.
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk apple cider, vinegar, and mustard until smooth. Gently drizzle oil into mixture, whisking constantly until incorporated. Season dressing with salt and pepper to taste.
- Right before serving, drizzle dressing over salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Wanna know where to pick up your own Barber Food stuffed chicken breasts? I found mine at my local Pick ‘n’ Save, but you can use this hand-dandy store locator to get yours ASAP! My family’s favorite flavors are the cordon bleu and broccoli cheese and I personally would HIGHLY recommend the broccoli cheese.
And I also do recommend that you get yours…asap.