Packed with cheese tortellini, chicken, and lots of butternut squash and fresh kale, this healthier tortellini skillet is an entire easy dinner-in-one that your family won’t be able to get enough of!
I’m quickly figuring out and you probably are too that I have a serious thing for skillet dinners.
It’s obviously a lazy dinner-maker’s paradise because a) it dirties up minimal dishes. b) is usually ready to meet your face in 30 minutes. <<<
Those are all certainly enough dinner wins to compel me to hire my skillet for full-time dinner duty.
With this tortellini skillet on the skillet dinner itinerary about 95% of the time.
Honestly. Where are all my lazy-ish dinner-makers? We’ve got delish things to discuss.
Here’s the basic things you need to know about this tortellini skillet, you guys. It’s absolutely the simple of the simple as far as ingredients go, but that’s okay because it doesn’t NEED fancy stuff to be dang tasty.
The basic bullet points of flavors include chicken, butternut squash cubes, fresh kale, and cheese tortellini. Simple stuff and yet they work amazingly together in one pretty skillet.
Parmesan cheese goes on top of course…because there’s an unspoken rule in my mind that if you wanna make something that’s already perfect even MORE perfect…add a hefty pile of Parmesan.
And would you look at that? Dinner is done in record time, it’s easy, healthy, colorful, and CARB-aful.
Also, I wouldn’t discourage eating your dinner straight outta the skillet. It just adds to the overall skillet dinner experience.
A very good dinner experience, FYI. ♥
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-in cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-in cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups fresh kale leaves
- 12 oz cooked tortellini pasta
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a dutch oven or large skillet over medium high heat, saute chicken, onion, garlic, and squash in oil until chicken is no longer pink and squash is tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in kale until wilty and reduce heat to medium low.
- Stir in cooked tortellini, vinegar, and season pasta with salt and pepper to taste. Top tortellini with Parmesan cheese. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. Remove from heat and serve. Enjoy!
More skillet dinners! This glazed chicken is a dinnertime GOTTA MAKE.