Classic pasta primavera made summer-style with an abudance of flavorful grilled veggies and tons of Parmesan on top. — put this easy one on the summer dinner rotation!
For the record….this is the most loaded and summery-est pasta primavera you’re ever gonna meet.
^^^ It clearly has all the summer amenities/requirements. I’m clearly not eating anything but this for the rest of the summer.
Also, all that Parmesan cheese? Contrary to what you might think, it does NOT cancel out all the good points those grilled veggies give this primavera.
Thank goodness for those veggies is what the gist is.😏😏
I swear there’s actual carbs hiding underneath that layer of cheesy grilled veggie goodness. <<< yes. This is still my blog and we still do carbs the right away around here.
(ps, the right way = all the time)
This pasta primavera is seriously so easy you actually can eat it all.the.freaking.time. I’d tell you to follow my lead, but I fear you would never catch up.
Here’s the deal —>>> Zucchini and corn get thrown on the grill for a few minutes and then they meet the penne pasta along with cherry tomatoes and tons of fresh basil.
Ummmm hey, there’s also cheese. In case you forgot which you’d BETTER not.
Also, don’t forget to eat it all. Right now? That’s the pro plan. ✌️✌️
- 3 small zucchinis, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ears corn, husked and silk removed
- 1 lb cooked penne pasta
- 1 cup fresh halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, toss zucchini with garlic, oil, and salt and pepper to taste. On tin foil over medium-high grill heat, stir squash mixture occasionally until tender and slightly charred. Remove from heat.
- Grill corn on both sides until slightly charred and cooked through. Remove corn from cob and toss with squash mixture.
- Toss grilled mixture into hot cooked penne pasta and add tomatoes, basil, and Parmesan cheese. Season pasta with salt and pepper to taste and serve hot. Enjoy!