Classic sweet and tangy strawberry lemonade is so easy to make at home with only 3 basic ingredients in less than 10 minutes!
We’ve got the easiest use for all those summer strawberries on deck today!
All it involves is a mess of strawberries, little lemon, a little sugar, and your sturdiest pitcher for holding all this summery nostalgia.
This lemonade is nothing like the stuff you’ll buy in stores – it’s SO much better since we’re using simple ingredients including freshly-squeezed lemon juice and fresh strawberries. You will instantly be hooked.
While classic lemonade certainly has its time and place, we are ALL about this strawberry lemonade right now! It couldn’t be easier to whip up and the fresh strawberries add such an incredible boost of flavor.
This Lemonade features…
- The perfect level of sweet and tangy
- Fresh lemon juice and pureed strawberry juice
- Less than 10 minutes to make with only 3 ingredients required
Making the Lemonade
(scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe)
Ingredients You Will Need
- Granulated sugar
- Lemon juice
- (no really, that’s it!)
Tips for Perfect Lemonade
- Make a simple syrup – a simple syrup means a 1:1 ratio of water and sugar – this will serve as the sweetness base to your lemonade. All you’re going to do is heat up water and sugar over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Puree strawberries – a quick blend in a food processor or blender with a splash of water breaks down the strawberries perfectly.
- Strain strawberry juice – use a fine-mesh sieve to strain the solids and seeds out of the juice. We recommend double-straining for good measure if you want the strawberry seeds completely out of the lemonade.
- Use freshly-squeezed lemon juice – this is worth the little bit of extra effort! You will need about 4-5 medium lemons to get 1 cups worth of juice.
Try these ideas for a different twist on this lemonade!
- Try a different fruit – raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, peaches, or pineapple would all be great in this lemonade.
- Make it adults-only – feel free to add 2 oz white rum or vodka to individual glasses of lemonade for a boozy version.
- Garnish with fresh herbs – add a sprig of fresh basil or mint to individual glasses for a fresh herby kick.
Storing and Serving Lemonade
This lemonade stores well in the refrigerator up to 6 days. Be aware that the strawberry juice will settle at the bottom as the lemonade sits, so make sure to shake or stir lemonade well before serving.
We also recommend serving this lemonade chilled over ice for the best lemonade experience!
This pretty pink lemonade is just everything a good summer refreshment should be! The strawberries add such an incredible fruity kick and it tastes like all the best parts about summer nostalgia.
Get those lemonade pitchers ready for a good time!
Save this recipe using the ‘save to recipe box’ button below. If you make it, please let us know! Leave a comment + star rating below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram with #wholeandheavenlyoven.
More refreshing summer drinks to try next!
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4-1/2 cups water, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup lemon juice
- Ice for serving
- Combine sugar and 1 cup water in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir occasionally until sugar is dissolved then set aside to cool.
- Combine strawberries and 1/2 cup water in a blender or food processor. Blend until strawberries are smooth and pour through a strainer, discarding solids.
- In a large pitcher, combine cooled sugar syrup, strawberry juice, and lemon juice with remaining 3 cups water until combined. Serve lemonade over ice and enjoy!
This post was updated with new recipe tips and photos on 7/11/23.