Start your morning off on the right foot with a bowlful of this hot, creamy oatmeal that’s topped with tender caramelized apples and lots of crunchy cashews—Whips up in 10 minutes and perfect for an on-the-go breakfast!
How many ways do I love my oatmeal? Let me count the ways….
How much do I adore apples? I think the last 4 days answer that question.
Today we’re doing breakfast. Because I donno about you, but a cold fall morning calls for something as warm and cozy as apples and oatmeal.
In other news it is COLD here, people.—I had to pull out my jeans and sweatshirts yesterday! Not. Cool.
So throughout the entire summer, my morning oatmeal has featured mainly summer berries. Now that’s it’s practically fall, my morning oatmeal definitely needed a seasonal upgrade.
Preferably in the direction of apples.
Or caramelized apples, which is even BETTER because it’s basically like eating caramel for breakfast. #WIN.
Oooh yeah, and we can’t forget the cashews. Which FYI is pretty much my fav nut in the world.
Yep. All this awesomeness on top of a super-creamy and piping-hot bowl of oats.
Faceplant city FO REAL, guys.
It’s kinda just what these chilly Wisconsin fall mornings need. 😉
And did you catch the words “10 minute” in the title? For real, it takes 3 minutes to cook your oatmeal, 5 minutes to caramelize up some apples, 2 minutes to pile it all in a bowl with your crunchy-toasty cashews…
Dump on the milk….
Drizzle on a bit ‘o golden honey…
Dive headfirst into the bowl.
Aaaand then it takes about 2 seconds to shove the entire contents of the bowl in your face.
Mmmm…just the SMELLS of this oatmeal cooking is enough to make me MORE than ready to start the day.
Imagine how energized I must feel after eating a bowlful of this golden stuff.
More than ready to tackle that leg workout. 😉
It’s definitely a plus that this oatmeal is SUPER-healthy, but tastes totally indulgent.
The creamy-ness of the oatmeal…the soft, caramely apples….the crunchy, salty cashews….just wow. Best oatmeal combo ever.
Yes, even boring ol’ oatmeal can be indulgent.
Unless you’re me and used to think that even a plain bowl of oatmeal was a treat. #imstrange
10 minutes, guys. Skip the Starbucks breakfast run and take 10 minutes of your morning to whip up a bowl of this hot, creamy fall comfort.
I can tell you firsthand that it really boosts your day in an upward direction that most of us not-morning-people definitely need.
Mmmm…weekend morning comfort food. Doesn’t get any better than this. 😀
10-Minute Oatmeal with Caramelized Apples + Cashews
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 Gala apples peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews toasted
- Milk and honey for serving
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring water to a boil. Stir in oats and salt. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir occasionally 1 minute until oatmeal is thickened. Remove from heat and cover. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, saute sliced apples in butter with honey and cinnamon. Stir occasionally until apples are softened and caramelized.
- Ladle hot oatmeal into 3 bowls and divide caramelized apples between bowls. Sprinkle cashews over apples and serve oatmeal warm with milk and extra honey.