Ready in 30 minutes and made in only one pot, this Italian-style chicken and orzo pasta is total comfort food that anyone can make it’s so easy!
Can we all just bask for a second in the glory and one pot-edness that this one skillet alone holds?
Italian-style chicken. Nestled on a bed of creamy orzo pasta. All hanging out in one pan and one pan ALONE in only 30.
All this should really just be renamed DINNER WINNER. ‘Cause for real, any fool can see that it totally is.
Anywho, in other news, HI! Can you even believe that it’s October now, guys?? I seriously cannot even wrap my brain around it and but that’s probably due to the fact that I’m currently residing where it’s 85 degrees with 100% humidity and SUN every day.
Florida has been nice to me, guys. It’s kinda making me forget that it’s even fall.
Anyway, it’s the first Thursday of October, so that means it’s time for another round of 30-Minute Thursday! Just in case you don’t know what this is, I’ll briefly reiterate: A bunch of my best blogging girls and I join forces and we each bring you our own dinner-themed recipe spin that’s extra-easy and ready in 30 or fewer!
See the end of this post for an extensive list from all the other participating bloggers! Bring your appetite with ‘ya. 😉
Now about this one-pot italian chicken and orzo pasta…
I probably don’t even need to tell you this, but guys: It’s COMPLETE comfort food in one pan! We’ve got the extra-juicy chicken breasts combined with the orzo carbs, soaking up SO much Italian flavor…
…and seriously making me question consuming any other dinner again.
Life is just plain good when dinner’s on in only 30 right? And with the prospect of only ONE pan to wash after all is said and done and eaten? Well, you just know that’s kinda winning at life. 😉
*cue happy dinner dance*
SO. MUCH. EASY and sooooo much extra-cozy carby comfort. I for real had to pinch myself that this was real life.
And then it was obviously my duty to eat the entire pan.
One-Pot Italian Chicken and Orzo Pasta
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup dried orzo pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 1 can 15 oz Italian diced tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- Minced fresh basil for topping
- With paper towels, rub chicken completely dry. Then, rub chicken breasts all over with italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Set aside for a moment.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Toast orzo in hot, dry skillet until orzo begins to turn golden. Remove orzo from skillet and set aside.
- In same skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat until shimmery. Cook chicken in hot oil 2-3 minutes on first side, then flip and cook on opposite side until golden. Remove from skillet and set aside for a moment (chicken will not be entirely cooked-this is ok)
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in pan until shimmery. Saute garlic and onion until just tender. Add diced tomatoes and chicken broth to pan and bring to a boil. Stir in toasted orzo and reduce heat to medium-low. Nestle browned chicken breasts in among the orzo/tomato mixture. Cover pan and let cook at medium-low 15-20 minutes or until orzo is tender and chicken registers 165F. Sprinkle chicken and orzo with plenty of fresh basil and enjoy warm.
Be sure to click around to all the other fabulous 30-Minute Thursday recipes!
Hazelnut Chicken One Pot Pasta by Bake. Eat. Repeat.
30-Minute Farro Fried “Rice” by Flavor the Moments
Cauliflower-Apple Fritters with Mixed Greens by Floating Kitchen
Veggie-Packed Peanut Noodles by Flying on Jess Fuel
Roasted Sweet Potato and Arugula Pasta with Chickpeas by Kristine’s Kitchen
Alice Springs Shrimp Quesadilla by Maebells
Unstuffed Pepper Bake by Pumpkin ‘N Spice
Pan-Fried Gnocchi with Sun Dried Tomatoes and White Beans by Sweet Peas & Saffron
One-Pot Italian Chicken and Orzo Pasta by Whole and Heavenly Oven