Creamy restaurant-style parmesan risotto loaded with plenty of sausage and kale, and made in one pot in only 30 minutes! Dinner is going to rock.
I have a public announcement to make, guys: I freaking love risotto. Seriously, of all the things culinary school has introduced my tastebuds to so far, risotto is totally my fav.
So far we’ve made it twice at school and each time only confirmed my love. I am officially obsessed with risotto and want it/require it in my face 24/7.
It’s the super-creamy texture, guys. It just does me in and all self-control heads for the hills.
I’m sorry, I feel as though I could just discuss my new-found love for risotto at length throughout this entire post. We could all think up a ton of words to describe how awesome it is. And I MIGHT even share my stash of arborio rice with you so that you might experience the glorious risotto coma I’m currently hanging out in. Maybe.
So let’s dish about my new favorite way to spend thirty minutes FLAT on dinner. It’s parmesan risotto obviously. With no shortage of kale and plenty of little sausage slices all hanging out in ONE pot.
You’ll find this risotto under my personal favorite category called “How To Win at Weeknight Dinners.”
Your face and the contents of this entire pan. It was meant to be.
P.S!! If you’ve never made risotto before, don’t sweat it! I go over the method in detail in the recipe below—it’s easy-peasy, I promise!
And obviously so freaking good.
Okay, I’m done.
Let’s eat risotto. Straight from the pan if you’re smart. 🙂
One-Pot Parmesan Risotto with Sausage + Kale
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 3 tablespoons butter divided
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 cup arborio rice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth divided
- 1 cup diced kale leaves
- 3 turkey or chicken sausage links sliced 1/4-in thick
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, heat butter until hot. Saute onion and garlic in butter until just tender. Stir in rice and stir occasionally until rice is evenly coated with butter (do not allow the rice to brown) Remove pan from heat and slowly whisk in white wine to deglaze pan.
- Return rice to medium-high heat and cook stirring occasionally until liquid is absorbed. Pour 1/2 cup chicken broth into pan, and stir occasionally until liquid is absorbed, about 7 minutes. Continue adding chicken broth 1/2 cup at a time using the same method until all the chicken broth is used and rice is tender and creamy (this process should take about 15 minutes in total)
- Stir kale, sausage slices, Parmesan, and remaining 1 tablespoon butter into risotto and gently heat through until sausage is warm and kale is wilted. Season risotto with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately while warm and creamy.
30-minute dinners are just where it’s at! Check out these winners from all the gals involved in 30-Minute Thursdays!
One Pot Lemon Thyme Chicken and Rice from Bake.Eat.Repeat.
Easy Baked Gnocchi with Tomatoes and Mozzarella from Floating Kitchen
Shrimp Scampi Zoodles from Flying on Jess Fuel
Chicken Parmesan Meatballs with Easy Tomato Sauce from Kristine’s Kitchen
Creamy Lemon Spinach One-Pot Pasta from My Sequined Life
One Pan Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo from Pumpkin ‘N Spice
One-Pot Parmesan Risotto with Sausage and Kale from Whole and Heavenly Oven