Swirled with a luscious cheesecake filling and topped with streusel and lots of glaze, this cranberry cheesecake swirl coffee cake is the ultimately impressive holiday breakfast!
Hooooly mother of coffee cakes…
Please, ladies and gents. Try to contain your excitement today, because I MIGHT have just found the holiday breakfast to beat them ALL.
It’s not cinnamon rolls, it’s not muffins, and heck, it might not even be these scones. (the jury is still out on that one) It’s clearly coffee cake. A big ‘ol crumb-covered, cheesecake-swirled, cranberry-loaded bakery-style coffee cake.
The only reason I decide to even get up in the morning. For realz.
So I totally teased y’all on Instagram a few weekends ago with this coffee cake. And I mean seriously, I was downright evil. Teasing you with photos and then holding recipes out on you for weeks.
Seriously evil, Sarah. Geez.
So how do we all feel about a gigantic cheesecake swirl in our coffee cake to make up for time lost? Paired of course, with cranberries, streusel topping, and no shortage of GLAZE.
Mhmm. ♥ I kinda get the feeling that there are no hard feelings? Cool.
I mean it, guys. This coffee cake holds all your hopes and dreams. For starters, the TEXTURE. Oh my gosh, so moist, soft, and the cheesecake filling might even make you cry.
And it only gets better. Every luscious bite in the interior is loaded with tangy cranberries and toasty pecans. From there it builds up to the holy grail of cinnamon-y STREUSEL which is then crowned with glaze, poured into every glorious nook and cranny.
Gosh, you’d think I was trying to put you in a cranberry cheesecake coffee cake coma or something…
Let’s not do Monday today. We should just do coffee cake instead. ♥
Cranberry Cheesecake Swirl Coffee Cake
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- COFFEE CAKE BATTER:
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans toasted
- CHEESECAKE FILLING:
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 10-in round tube pan and set aside.
- Make the coffee cake batter: In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. In a separate bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium speed until creamy. Beat in eggs, yogurt, buttermilk, and vanilla until smooth. Gently fold flour mixture into liquid until batter is just combined. Fold in cranberries and pecans. Scrape batter into prepared pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl with a handheld electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Beat in egg yolk until smooth. Drop cream cheese mixture by the tablespoon over coffee cake batter. Use a knife to cut through the batter to create swirls. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine all streusel ingredients until crumbly. Evenly sprinkle over coffee cake. Bake coffee cake at 350F 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out with a moist crumb or two sticking to it. Cool coffee cake on a wire cooling rack.
- Make the glaze: In a small bowl, whisk sugar, orange zest, and just enough milk to make a drizzling consistency. Once coffee cake has cooled slightly, drizzle glaze over top and let stand 10 minutes to set. Slice coffee cake and ENJOY!
Need more awesome holiday breakfasts? Try these!