Swirled with a luscious cheesecake filling and topped with streusel and lots of glaze, this cranberry cheesecake swirl coffee cake is the ultimately impressive holiday breakfast!
Hooooly mother of coffee cakes…
Please, ladies and gents. Try to contain your excitement today, because I MIGHT have just found the holiday breakfast to beat them ALL.
It’s not cinnamon rolls, it’s not muffins, and heck, it might not even be these scones. (the jury is still out on that one) It’s clearly coffee cake. A big ‘ol crumb-covered, cheesecake-swirled, cranberry-loaded bakery-style coffee cake.
The only reason I decide to even get up in the morning. For realz.
So I totally teased y’all on Instagram a few weekends ago with this coffee cake. And I mean seriously, I was downright evil. Teasing you with photos and then holding recipes out on you for weeks.
Seriously evil, Sarah. Geez.
So how do we all feel about a gigantic cheesecake swirl in our coffee cake to make up for time lost? Paired of course, with cranberries, streusel topping, and no shortage of GLAZE.
Mhmm. ♥ I kinda get the feeling that there are no hard feelings? Cool.
I mean it, guys. This coffee cake holds all your hopes and dreams. For starters, the TEXTURE. Oh my gosh, so moist, soft, and the cheesecake filling might even make you cry.
And it only gets better. Every luscious bite in the interior is loaded with tangy cranberries and toasty pecans. From there it builds up to the holy grail of cinnamon-y STREUSEL which is then crowned with glaze, poured into every glorious nook and cranny.
Gosh, you’d think I was trying to put you in a cranberry cheesecake coffee cake coma or something…
Let’s not do Monday today. We should just do coffee cake instead. ♥
Cranberry Cheesecake Swirl Coffee Cake
- COFFEE CAKE BATTER:
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans toasted
- CHEESECAKE FILLING:
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 10-in round tube pan and set aside.
- Make the coffee cake batter: In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. In a separate bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium speed until creamy. Beat in eggs, yogurt, buttermilk, and vanilla until smooth. Gently fold flour mixture into liquid until batter is just combined. Fold in cranberries and pecans. Scrape batter into prepared pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl with a handheld electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Beat in egg yolk until smooth. Drop cream cheese mixture by the tablespoon over coffee cake batter. Use a knife to cut through the batter to create swirls. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine all streusel ingredients until crumbly. Evenly sprinkle over coffee cake. Bake coffee cake at 350F 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out with a moist crumb or two sticking to it. Cool coffee cake on a wire cooling rack.
- Make the glaze: In a small bowl, whisk sugar, orange zest, and just enough milk to make a drizzling consistency. Once coffee cake has cooled slightly, drizzle glaze over top and let stand 10 minutes to set. Slice coffee cake and ENJOY!
Need more awesome holiday breakfasts? Try these!
Glazed Apple Pie Crescent Rolls
White Chocolate Cranberry Bliss Scones
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
Mmm I love everything about this coffee cake, Sarah! Especially that cheesecake swirl and glaze on top. I bet this would make the best breakfast for Christmas morning, or any day really!
the Restaurant boss says
great i will do it soon
Aww thanks Gayle! This coffee cake is definitely one you need to try! 😉
Christine | Mid-Life Croissant says
My head is exploding just from reading about it! And the dreamy pix don’t hurt. Yum, Sarah.
Thank you so much Christine! 🙂
Alice @ Hip Foodie Mom says
Freaking gorgeous swirl coffee cake!!! love the cranberries!!!! so bright and festive!
Haha thanks girl! xoxo
Looks gorgeous Sarah! I’ve been thinking of cranberry cheesecake, but this is a lot better! Love the flavors and the swirl! Pinning!
Thanks for pinning, Mira! You’re so sweet. 🙂
Melanie @ Gather for Bread says
That looks divine! I’m all about the cranberries lately!
Cranberries ROCK, right?? Thanks Melanie!
Shashi at RunninSrilankan says
Oh dear gAWWWWSSSHHH – you are killing me with this level of lusciousness! Reading your description about that TEXTUREis making me cry as I cannot teleport a slice right here right now! FANTASTIC!
So wish I could send you a slice, Shashi!! 🙂 Thanks for the super-kind words!
This coffee cake is SO beautiful, Sarah! I love the pretty pop of color from the cranberries. With the decadent cheesecake filling and streusel topping this is the perfect breakfast for the holidays!
Aww thank you, girl! xoxo
Manali @ CookWithManali says
what a gorgeous cheesecake Sarah, I am seriously drooling here!
Thanks so much Manali!!
Kelly // The Pretty Bee: Allergy Friendly Eats says
What a gorgeous coffee cake! It looks so rich and flavorful!
Aw thanks Kelly! You’re so sweet. 🙂
Jessica @ Sweetest Menu says
Sarah! What a truly gorgeous cake! I’ve just pinned it because your photos have blown me away! Go girl!
AW, girl! You are totally the sweetest! Thanks for being so awesome! xoxo 😀
Rachel @ Bakerita says
This coffee cake is AMAZING! I adore cranberries and anything with streusel…I wish I could grab a slice!
I wish I could send you a slice, girl! 🙂
Sarah, this is the most gorgeous coffee cake I’ve ever seen! I am partial to those beautiful pops of red (’tis the season), but really, your photos are just stunning. This is the holy mother of coffee cakes with that cheesecake swirl….oh my. This would be the best Christmas morning breakfast!
Girl, you’re SO nice! And this coffee cake is so up your alley too! You must try it. 🙂
Ashley | The Recipe Rebel says
Um, WOW. This is the Christmas breakfast of my DREAMS! Cranberry and cheesecake?! Like my two favorite things right now. Just LOVE!
With a combo like that could you EVER go wrong in the breakfast department?? 😉
Bethany @ Athletic Avocado says
This looks incredible!! Pinning!
Thank you for the pin, Bethany!
Amy @ The Blond Cook says
Yes… holy mother of coffee cakes! This looks insanely delicious!
Thank you so much Amy! 🙂
This is so beautiful. Excuse me while I swoon over the delicious pictures!
Aw thanks Amanda! You so need to try it!
Coffee cake is definitely the best! And with that streusel and those fresh cranberries! Perfect!
Thanks girly! The perfect coffee cake combo right??
June @ How to Philosophize with Cake says
That does sound like the best coffee cake ever! Cheesecake swirls?? i mean, come on–that sounds awesome! Love the cranberry flavor too 🙂
Haha! Thank you June! The cheesecake swirls just take this coffee cake over the top! 😉
Can I use a Bundt pan or does it have to be a 10″ tube pan?
A bundt pan would work fine, Lisa! 🙂