Make those holiday drinks the easy way in the crockpot! This chai-spiced white hot chocolate is a breeze to throw together and so cozy for winter sipping!
DANG, guys! And just like that the first semester is over.
Yesterday was my last day of finals (thank the LORD!) and now begins the five weeks of break! Time seriously flies, whoa. The past few months have been awesome, and I’m currently working on a recap of of it all. Stay tuned, yo!
So question: what in the world am I even going to do with myself now for over a month?? Oh, right. Maybe chip away at that mile-long to-do list that mostly consists of food I wanna make before I’m 30, things I want to share with you on the blog, and eating as many cookies as humanely possible.
Just the basic stuff, guys. If you’re in the neighborhood feel free to drop by. I’ll probably feed you. 😉
If you’re lucky I might even have batch #5 of white hot chocolate happily cooking away in the crockpot for your winter sipping delight. It’s entirely possible. ♥
Question: on a scale of one to ten, how would you rate my obsession with white chocolate recently? I would probably give it a twelve, because uh, seriously? Have you even spent 5 minutes on my blog?
It’s kinda ridiculous but totally in the most glorious white chocolate-iest way possible. ???
And no amount of heart-eyed emojiis could even explain how glorious this hot chocolate is.
Why? Because chai spice met white hot chocolate. And the two clearly belong together forever in their home called Mr. Crockpot.
Let’s discuss the prep involved in this white hot chocolate. Um, there is basically NONE! Throw everything in the crockpot and go hang out with those holiday guests! Observe. —>
- Make the chai spice mix. Simple, simple, simple!
- Throw everything else in the crockpot and then stir in the chai spice.
- Let ‘er cook itself a few hours and FORGET about it! Then remember you have some sipping to do and break out the whipped cream and grab your prettiest glass mugs!
This white hot chocolate is kinda like winter hugs in a glass if we want to get technical here.
And let’s be honest here: we ALL want to experience hugs like that. Smother me with your piping-hot, extra-cozy chai-flavored white chocolate-y goodness, puh-leeeeeeeze and thanks.
So many heck, yeaaaaaaahs I think I’m hearing right now. 😉
Shall we go sipping now and pretend it’s actually winter? (cause uh, the weather is seriously backwards here.)
I’m so doing it. 😀
Crockpot Chai Spice White Hot Chocolate
- CHAI SPICE MIX:
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- WHITE HOT CHOCOLATE:
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 recipe Chai Spice Mix recipe above
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream for serving optional
- Make the spice mix: In a small bowl combine all spices. Set aside for a moment.
- In a 3-qt crockpot, combine milk, half-and-half, white chocolate chips, and Chai Spice Mix. Cover crockpot and cook on high 2-3 hours or on low 4-5 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Once white hot chocolate is completely melted hot, stir in vanilla extract. Keep white hot chocolate warm in the crockpot until ready to serve.
- Once ready to serve, ladle white hot chocolate into serving mugs and top with whipped cream if desired. Enjoy!
Looking for more cozy sippers? —-> —->