This ultra-cheesy turkey lasagna is real-deal comfort food! Loaded with a triple-whammy of cheese, lots of flavorful pesto, and guaranteed to make those weeknight dinners awesome.
Let us bask for a moment in all the cheesy green goodness.
Or maybe literally in all aforespoken perfection? Like your face? You choose.
It’s so time for some serious comfort food already, guys. It’s all I’m craving right now because seriously? February might be only 28 days, but anyone living in Wisconsin could tell you that it feels like the longest month ever. Our weather is usually a combination of frigid cold, regular cold, tons of snow, sleet, sometimes rain, and yuck.
Literally the longest month ever. Give me comfort food or give me death.
So let’s be honest here: There’s no such thing as a mid-February weeknight that couldn’t be MADE by lasagna. Guys, I’m talking TRIPLE-cheesy turkey lasagna packed with all the pesto and all the cozies in one big ‘ol pan.
My life right now = this.
Your life right now = empty without THIS.
I have a problem and it’s called I’m obsessed with this lasagna. It has recently been filling my every dreams and even more-so filling certain bellies that shall remain unnamed.
By the way, remember how I told y’all Rachel has a thing for pesto pasta? She calls it green pasta and literally requests it on a daily basis. She was definitely suspicious of this lasagna at first, but it only took three servings to convince her otherwise.
She might even love this lasagna even more than I do, and guys that’s a whooooole lot of lasagna love. ????
So who’s down for lasagna night? Truthfully, it’s been down here for the past two days and that is completely A-okay by all but mostly me.
…aaaaaand cue faceplant!
Three-Cheese Pesto Turkey Lasagna
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 jar 24 oz pasta sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup prepared pesto
- 9 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Minced fresh basil for garnishing optional
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground turkey, onion, and garlic until meat is no longer pink. Reduce heat to medium and add pasta sauce. Bring mixture to a simmer and season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside for a moment.
- In a small bowl, whisk ricotta cheese and pesto until smooth. Set aside for a moment.
- Assemble the lasagna: Spread a small amount of meat sauce over the bottom of a 13x9 baking pan. Layer with 3 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of ricotta pesto, and 1/3 of meat sauce. Repeat layers a total of three times, ending with meat sauce. Sprinkle with cheeses and cover pan with foil.
- Bake lasagna at 375F 40-45 minutes until cheese is melted and lasagna noodles are tender when poked with a fork. Sprinkle with fresh basil if desired. Let lasagna stand 10 minutes before slicing into squares and serving. Enjoy!
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
I’ve never thought to make lasagna with turkey before! This looks amazing, Sarah! Especially with that pesto….such a perfect comfort dish for the negative temps headed my way!
It’s SUPER cold here too right now, so lasagna for dinner ALL the way! 😀
Ohhh!! This looks so great! We LOVE pesto around here so this is sure to be a hit!
Pesto rocks right?? Thanks Annie! 🙂
Rachel @ Bakerita says
Seriously Sarah, every time I come to your site I’m FLOORED by the amount of amazingly delicious food you produce with such beautiful photos! AND you’re in culinary school. You kill it! And this lasagna – uh, obviously I love it since it’s making me profess my adoration for you! Pesto-cheesy anything is always my fave. I must try this! 😀
Oh my gosh, Rachel. You are seriously the BEST, girl! Honestly my day = made. Thanks as always for all the super-sweet words and support, girlie! XOXO 😀
I’ve said this many times before but I want to have dinner at your place!! 🙂 This lasagna looks perfect! Love the turkey and pesto!
Haha! You are totally welcome over for dinner anytime, friend! xoxo
Puja Darshan says
I am a vegetarian so might not be able to comment on the taste of this recipe but I absolutely liked your presentation and photography!!! 🙂
Well, thank you Puja! I so appreciate the kind compliments! 🙂
Kristen @ The Endless Meal says
This looks too good to be true! You’ve given me a serious lasagna craving!!
Lasagna cravings are the best kind. 🙂 Thanks Kristen!
Delicious recipe … I love lasagna!