Marinated for hours in a sweet ‘n’ tangy homemade honey mustard and then grilled to smoky perfection, these honey mustard chicken cutlets will quickly become a summer grilling favorite!
Today we do chicken. Or to be more specific, today we GRILL our chicken and then feel inclined to eat dinner outside every.single.night.
If we want to use the fancy-schmancy term: dining al fresco. It’s the best and I want to do it every night for the rest of my life, please and thanks, Mother Nature.
Or…to make my request more detailed: No days above 90 degrees and no days below 70 degrees. <<< That is my perfect world, y’all. My perfect al fresco world also requires honey mustard chicken on the grill every single night. Requires. As in, a necessary element.
That’s not asking for toooooo much, is it? I mean, I didn’t even bring up my desire for a whirlpool hot tub and an endless supply of dark chocolate somewhere in this al fresco fantasy.
Okay I’ll stop rattling off my future life plans for, you know, after I win the lottery. ???
So let’s talk honey mustard chicken now that I’ve probably driven most of my audience away…guys, this chicken. THIS CHICKEN.
Holy moly, this chicken…
By now you know my obsession with honey mustard all the things? Preeeeeeetty sure the stuff runs through my veins. The obsession is freaking real and today’s grilled chicken beauties are even further proof of that.
This chicken is just so so GOOD, guys. The honey mustard sauce is sweet, sticky, tangy, and literally smothers the chicken in all it’s glory. It’s totally messy to eat but totally worth it. Messy food is the BEST.
Let me lay it out for you all nice and organized >>>
- Chicken cutlets get a nice long soak in homemade honey mustard marinade.
- Chicken goes on the grill. More honey mustard brushed on while it cooks.
- Yet even MORE honey mustard for smothering and dipping every.inch of your chicken in once it’s done.
Yep, perfect amount right there.
Now then. Can I get a head count of who’s joining me out on the patio for al fresco honey mustard chicken? ??
Marinated Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken Cutlets
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 2 lbs chicken breast cutlets
- In a small bowl, whisk mustard, honey, salt, pepper, oil, and thyme until smooth. Divide mixture in half and set one portion aside. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag and pour 1/2 of honey mustard mixture over chicken. Let chicken marinate in refrigerator at least 3 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Grill chicken on a gas or charcoal grill over medium-high heat, brushing with reserved marinade, turning once until chicken registers 165F degrees, about 15-20 minutes. Serve chicken warm with additional honey mustard sauce if desired. Enjoy!
Grilling season is officially on. Try this wildly popular Cilantro-Lime Grilled Chicken next time!