This fresh peach ice cream is swirled with a tangy raspberry swirl and piled with tons of cinnamon-sugary oatmeal streusel for a killer end-of-season ice cream you won’t want to miss!
See that scoop up there? It’s otherwise known as Friday-is-so-freaking-HERE-already. And I’m pleased to report that she brought ice cream with her.
Actually I did. And I’m now accepting all the ice cream cones of thanks and gratitude starting right now.
Because honestly, of all the ice cream fun we’ve had this summer, this one has got to be the best. Hands-down. No contest. All other ice creams in the world need not apply to be in my bowl anymore.
Also there’s the little matter of me needing ALL of this ice cream now. This past week was my last full week of summer laziness and as of next week Wednesday, this girl’s three-month summer vacay comes to an end.
Yeah, I’m taking all those aforespoken scoops now, please and thanks.
Okay, let’s talk about that one ice cream of the summer that has completely stolen-and-doesn’t-plan-to-give-back my heart.
It all starts with peach ice cream. My basic, yet perfect vanilla ice cream custard base + a few juicy ripe peaches. So good by itself, but…
…a raspberry swirl makes it even better. What doesn’t a good pink swirl make better??
You might think our ice cream business is done here and it’s time to chow down, but there’s still one last step. The game-changer.
Since this is a peach CRISP ice cream, what better way to replicate that then to make oodles of streusel and pack it into every corner of this ice cream?
Yep, I so did that. One of the better decisions made as far as ice cream goes.
Also. Quadruple scoops = even better yet decisions that I’m going to insist you make.
Oh man, is this ever summer done very, very right…so much right. ♥
Peach Crisp Raspberry Swirl Ice Cream
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 cups coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 8 large egg yolks lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium peaches pitted, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat milk, cream, and sugar until a light simmer. Whisk a small amount of hot milk mixture into egg yolks, beating constantly. Repeat 2 times then add all back to saucepan. Bring mixture to a low simmer until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla. Set aside for a moment.
- Place peeled and diced peaches in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Add milk/egg base to food processor, pulsing until smooth. Refrigerate ice cream mixture until completely chilled.
- Mash raspberries with 2 tablespoons sugar and set aside.
- Make the streusel: In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, cinnamon, sugar, pecans, and coconut oil until crumbly. Spread mixture on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake at 400F 10-12 minutes until lightly golden brown. Break apart into clusters and cool completely.
- Churn ice cream according to ice cream maker's instructions. Spoon mashed raspberry over top and use a knife to gently swirl ice cream. Freeze ice cream until completely solid about 2 hours. Once frozen and just before serving, sprinkle top with streusel clusters, scoop ice cream and serve. Enjoy!!
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
Wow! I seriously don’t think I’ve ever seen a more gorgeous scoop of ice cream before! This is mind-blowing, Sarah! I wish we lived just a little bit closer so I could “taste test” for you. This is such a fun idea! I love the peach and raspberry combo. Definitely perfect for Friday!
Bethany @ Athletic Avocado says
This has to be the most beautiful ice cream I have ever laid eyes on! Sooo sad that summers coming to an end, butttt at least we can celebrate with ice cream!
Denise @ Sweet Peas & Saffron says
This has got to be the prettiest scoop of ice cream I ever did see! TGIF! Enjoy the last few days of your summer, Sarah!
This is what ice cream dreams are made of! This is seriously the most gorgeous ice cream, Sarah! Raspberry and peach sound like the perfect combo and I love the oatmeal streusel!
Kelly // The Pretty Bee says
Such a pretty ice cream! Love all those summer flavors!