Crispy lemon Parmesan baked chicken strips and buttery herb noodles make for one unbelievably fast and easy, yet totally insanely flavorful dinner that everyone will gladly gobble up!
Pretty sure this is Monday chicken dinner fare done very, very right, you guys.
Please notice that we’ve got the chicken strips. We’ve got the carbs. All piled onto one plate and basically all the fixings you need to do a Monday the right way.
Monday obviously = ugh. But this dinner = WOOT.
Chicken dinner wins are here to stay awhile, y’all.
Okay let’s cut the chatter and just get straight into the winnings for today. Guys, the variety and amount of chicken dinners around here on my blog are no joke, but today’s masterpiece might top ’em all.
Basically here’s what we’re gonna do. We’re gonna take the master breading/oven-baking procedure from this recipe and transform it into lemon-y parmesan-style chicken strips.
We could stop there and be perfectly happy, buuuuuuuut…let’s always go for happiest, k? This requires the use of carbs. Zero complaints from the peanut gallery, yes?
We’re just gonna make a simple garlicky herb butter for our pretty little fettuccine noodles and cover it ALL with that glory.
Then it’s onto the plate with the buttery carbs and a couple thousand chicken strips and suddenly Monday is looking rather awesome.
…Like I said. ⇓⇓ A dinner masterpiece. ??
Try to fall face-first into the plate, if you can manage it, guys.
Pro tips. ??
Lemon Parmesan Baked Chicken Strips with Herb-Buttered Noodles
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2 cups breadcrumbs toasted
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 2x4 strips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 12 oz fettuccine cooked according to package instructions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Make the chicken: Preheat oven to 425F. Spread melted butter on a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan, lemon zest, salt, pepper, and oregano. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and lemon juice. Place flour in a separate medium bowl.
- Working several strips at a time, dredge chicken strips into flour, egg mixture, and then coat in breadcrumbs. Place chicken strips on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake chicken at 425F 20-25 minutes, flipping chicken strips halfway through baking. Remove chicken from oven and keep warm.
- While chicken bakes, make the noodles: In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter, then saute garlic in butter until fragrant. Reduce heat to medium and toss noodles in butter with herbs, Parmesan, and salt and pepper to taste. Heat noodles through then serve warm with chicken strips, Enjoy!
Make sure you add these chicken nuggets to your next dinner agenda!