Forget about that fussy pie. This chai spice-glazed pear cranberry galette is so unbelievably easy to throw together and such a pretty holiday dessert!
It’s a winter wonderland all up in here today, guys. Even though the ground still remains snow-less, the winter goodies hold NO limits.
Actually kinda freaked out that December is upon us already. Too much craziness and not enough cookies on hand right now for coping.
So dang, we should probably eat some pear cranberry galette, huh? Yes.
*Some = code word for all? Good plan.
In actuality, guys, I might not ever be able to go back to regular pie again now that galettes have entered my life. It’s kinda like pie minus TONS of time and hassle + all the normal yum.
In other words…this is lazy-baker’s heaven. And we have no shame.
Here’s all this galette involves, guys. We’re gonna make our pie pastry (from scratch, obv because that’s me) our pear + fresh cranberry filling. Roll out our crust and pile the filling in the middle.
Fold up the outside of the crust over the edges of the filling. It doesn’t have to be perfect, guys, and that’s the beauty of a galette! There’s no need for perfectionism, because it’s gonna look amazing any way you do it.
From there it’s a quick trip to the oven for only 35 minutes or so. And may I point out that’s like HALF the bake time involved in a regular pie.
Let it cool for a few minutes and then we need to go crazy with the chai glaze.
Which, by the way, is the kinda glaze I want to just drink with a straw forever, kthanks.
Isn’t she pretty? Almost too pretty to eat, but trust me: that’s not gonna be stopping ANYONE.
Cut those slices as big as you can make ’em. ^^^
Pear Cranberry Galette with Chai Glaze
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold cubed coconut oil
- 2-4 tablespoons ice water
- 3 medium pears peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons white whole wheat flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon chai spice use this recipe!
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- Make the crust: In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Cut in coconut oil with a fork or your fingers until crumbly. Add ice water by the tablespoon until mixture forms a shaggy dough. Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead several times until dough just comes together. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate while you make the filling:
- Make the filling: In a medium bowl, combine all filling ingredients until combined. Preheat oven to 400F.
- On a floured surface, roll chilled dough out into a 12-in circle. Spoon filling into center then gently fold outside edges of dough over part of the filling, pinching dough to seal. In a small bowl, whisk egg and water together, then brush over crust.
- Bake galette at 400F 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden-brown and filling is bubbly. Cool galette completely on a wire cooling rack.
- Make the glaze: In a small bowl, whisk sugar, chai spice, vanilla, and just enough half-and-half to make a drizzling consistency. Drizzle glaze over cooled galette and let stand 10 minutes. Slice galette into wedges and serve. Enjoy!
Pears and cranberries = yeeeeees. Try this personal-sized crisp next!