All the things you love about chicken fajitas stuffed into huge cheese-covered spaghetti squash boats! An entire dinner-in-one that’s incredibly easy to throw together too.
So I’m realizing that the amount of spaghetti squash around here lately has been severely lacking.
And any way you look at it…that’s just not cool, guys.
Even if you’re an adamant spaghetti squash hater, I at least want you to keep an open mind about these spaghetti squash boats you see here today.
I mean, you gotta admit I did something pretty cool. All the things you love about chicken fajitas got taken outta the tortilla, jammed into a gorgeous squash boat, and covered in mountains of cheese.
Since my mom and I are literally the ONLY people in my house who have a passion for spaghetti squash (seriously, I don’t have a problem with that) we never have to share our dinner with anyone else.
And trust me on this one: no one’s gonna mess with our spaghetti squash boats.
So basically here’s how dinner goes down, guys. >>> we’re gonna roast off our spaghetti squash until nice and tender. Shred up the inside “squash guts” into spaghetti strands and set it all aside for a minute.
Next, we saute our chicken strips, sweet pepper, onion, a little garlic, and a whole bunch of ‘kickin spices. Easy stuff.
Stuff those boats as full as you can literally make ’em and make sure to leave room for the aforespoken mountains of cheese on top.
Pop those beauties under the broiler for a moment or two….sprinkle the whole thing with parsley and then do whatcha’ came to do.
Can’t even handle that first glorious cheese stretch, y’all.
But watch me dive into these beauties anyway. >>>
Chicken Fajita Spaghetti Squash Boats
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb chicken breasts cut into strips
- 1 sweet pepper thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and rub inside of each half with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on a grease baking sheet. Roast spaghetti squash at 400F 30-35 minutes or until fork tender. Remove from oven and use a fork to shred inside of each boat into spaghetti strands. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute chicken, pepper, onion, and garlic in remaining 1 tablespoon oil until chicken is no longer pink and veggies are tender. Stir in cumin, chili powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill spaghetti squash boats with chicken mixture and top with cheese. Broil spaghetti squash boats under high heat 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned. Remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Enjoy!