Love the cranberry bliss bars from Starbucks? You’ve GOT to try them in festive sugar cookie form! You won’t believe how easy these little cookie gems are to make.
We’ve been severely lacking the cookie department lately around here, guys.
And by here, I just mean my blog. There have literally been cookies in every single corner of my life otherwise.
Believe it or not, in baking class at school a few weeks ago we actually managed to churn out well over 1,000 cookies. Pretty sure we had cookies touching the ceiling that day.
Pretty sure I had to make a stop at the boyfriend’s house on my way home to unload the cookie temptation off on HIS family so I wouldn’t have to deal with it anymore.
Also, in case you’re wondering: me + cookies will never get old no matter the staggering amounts of them. So white chocolate cranberry bliss sugar cookies are gonna be a go today, ok?
And I don’t know about you, but I’m gonna choose not to be sad about that.
Okay, guys. Today’s sugar cookies are absolutely gonna be the easy of the easy. Ain’t nobody got time for time-consuming cookie business this time of year, so easy is a requirement.
Basically all we’re doing is taking a SUPER-basic sugar cookie dough, baking those bad boys off and then covering them with the goods.
The goods = a smear of white chocolate, a pile of dried cranberries, and a large drizzle of more white chocolate on top. <<< aren’t they so pretty and festive??
Don’t even bring up the fact that they are for sure pretty addicting.
I’m for sure going to eat this entire pan if someone doesn’t actually physically stop me.
Don’t you just want a cookie for breakfast now? It’s obviously Friday so that’s obviously okay.
White Chocolate Cranberry Bliss Sugar Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar together until completely creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Beat flour mixture into liquid until a soft dough forms. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Remove chilled dough from refrigerator and roll into 2-in balls. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets and flatten slightly. Bake cookies at 350F 9-10 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. Allow to cool on baking sheet 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- In a double boiler over high heat, melt white chocolate until smooth. Divide melted white chocolate in half and frost cookies with one half and arrange dried cranberries on top. Drizzle remaining white chocolate on top of cranberries. Let cookies set 10 minutes then store or serve. Enjoy!
Make sure you try these gingersnaps next time!!