Grab one bowl and only a handful of ingredients to make these jam-packed breakfast cookies! They’re ultimately-soft and chewy and only 147 calories per cookie!
I realize this is probably weird and probably breaking a lot of post-holiday rules to boot since cookies = a veeeeeeeeeery bad word after December 25th.
But the way I look at it, guys, is this: I’m not actually breaking the cookie code because I sneaked a little game-changer word next to the words “cookies” and that word is breakfast.
Breakfast + cookies = the game is changed.
For the better if you ask anyone with an ounce of logical reason.
Okay, so getting down to our one-bowl chocolate chip trail mix breakfast cookies business already…oh man, have I got stuff to tell you about.
For starters let me tell you all about the GUILTLESS yet completely indulgent parts about these breakfast cookies. Each cookie contains only 147 calories and yet you’re never even gonna believe that fact because they’re so loaded with trail mix goodies, unbelievably soft and chewy, and 100% addicting.
Addicting to the point of wanting to eat the entire batch. Straight off the cookie sheet. With no hands.
Don’t judge it til you try it.
Also, they’re soooooooo freaking easy even my 6-year old sister could probably make them. Everything gets thrown in one bowl, mixed, scooped, and baked. Breakfast is DONE.
Actually it’s not done because I kinda have to go replenish the breakfast cookie supply that keeps annoyingly disappearing.
Seriously though, don’t be ready to call it quits on the cookies quite yet, guys. Let these loaded breakfast cookies change your mind, cause trust me: they’re gonna.
You also might love me/hate me later…
No hating necessary though. Just eat a breakfast cookie.
One-Bowl Chocolate Chip Trail Mix Breakfast Cookies
- 1 medium ripe banana mashed
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In a large bowl, beat mashed banana, yogurt, sugar, peanut butter, egg, and vanilla until smooth. Mix in flour, oats, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon until a dough forms. Mix in cranberries, chocolate, and pecans.
- Scoop dough into 2-in balls and place on prepared baking sheet. Flatten cookies slightly and bake at 350F 10-12 minutes or until cookies are golden around the edges (middles will still be soft) Cool cookies on pan 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack. Enjoy!
Need more reasons to eat cookies for breakfast? Try these death-by-chocolate ones!